Author: Francesca Ferrario.
Jakamo’s founders are the classic example of how, when opportunity comes knocking, one needs to be ready. The Finnish entrepreneurs Jarl Matti Anttila and Anssi Uitto used to work as consultants to develop customer-supplier relationships in manufacturing industries. One day, their customers asked them to suggest a tool that connects companies like Facebook connects individuals. “They wanted a secure channel where they could share information with each other in both directions, but we couldn’t find any. So we finally decided to create it by ourselves,” says Jarl. It was an idea served to them on a silver platter directly by the potential users, and Jarl and Anssi took the chance. They say that, in manufacturing industries, the value creation has nowadays moved into the customer-supplier relationship. This has given rise to the need for a shared place to process information and collaborate fast, in real-time, wherever you are.
Read the whole surprising article from YourStory!
- ABB Smart Power automates and standardizes supply chain processes
- Škoda Transtech is increasing the effectiveness in the supply chain
- Supply Chain Management and Digital Transformation: the Past and the Present
- KPI sharing through BI Integration
- Mitsubishi Logisnext Europe is targeting a significant leap in the supplier experience