Contact our kind support team!
Frequently asked questions
We now have an FAQ list that we hope will help
you answer some of the more common ones.
1. Can I share some specific information with only one partner company?
YES: All information entered into the Jakamo service is primarily company-specific and available for the company’s internal users only. Therefore, no partnership company can see the entered information automatically in the Jakamo service. However, you can share the information with the supplier or customer company as long as they are a part of your network.
2. Can the different units of a company use the Jakamo service?
YES: The Jakamo service is designed for optimal use of a single network unit, which means a business unit of a company (i.e. a factory, site, business unit). For corporations with multiple business units, it’s possible to establish a corporate structure and cover all business units under the corporate account. Business units of a company can create internal relationships with each other. This enables using the Jakamo service both in customer and supplier interface, as well as, in the internal interfaces of a company.
3. Will I get a notification about the new actions in my email?
YES: Each user of the Jakamo service can define in the profile settings the applications of which activity he / she wants to be informed by email.
4. Can I create a relationship with a company that does not use the Jakamo service?
YES: The company admin user can search and request connections with other companies using the Jakamo service. Furthermore, the company admin can invite new companies to join the Jakamo platform and at the same time propose the creation of a relationship with them.
5. Does the use of the Jakamo service require installation of software to employees’ computers?
NO: The Jakamo is an independent tool that is used through a browser. The traditional web browsers are enough for using the Jakamo service (i.e. Edge, Explorer, Firefox, Safari, Opera, Chrome).
6. Does the size of our network have an impact on the costs?
NO: The size of your network does not have an impact on the costs. You can have as many vendors in your network as you want to.
7. Can we test the Jakamo service before we start to use it?
YES: Jakamo is a ready-to-use service. You can establish your company’s free account anytime. The account will be free of charge as long you are using the basic plan. If you’re interested in demo presentation, please contact us at sales(a)thejakamo.com
8. Is it safe for us to use the Jakamo service?
YES: The registration to Jakamo service and using the service is secured with a personal password. The service uses TLS and SSL protocols. The encryption uses algorithms with keys of at least 128 bits. The server is authenticated with a certificate issued by Digicert. All communication between Jakamo service and users is encrypted with the protocols mentioned above.
9. Is it known to which server the information entered to the Jakamo is stored?
YES: Information is stored in the Azure servers and Microsoft-managed data centres that are pointed by Jakamo Limited. Data centers are located in highly secured vaults inside European Union. The location of stored information can be always pointed to a customer.
10. Is the content protected with a back-up system?
YES: Jakamo Limited has a back-up system to protect all content in the service. Daily backups are being stored for one month. Jakamo uses RAID-arrays with multiple physical medias to prevent total disk failures. Every byte is being stored simultaneysly to at least four physical hard disk surfaces.
11. Can the personnel of the Jakamo Limited see the different information we have entered in the Jakamo service?
NO: All information that a user has entered in the Jakamo Service is the property of the user’s company. Jakamo Limited or its subcontractors do not have an access to the customer’s content. In a case of exception (i.e. malfunctioning of the system) the customer can authorise Jakamo Limited to access the customer-specific information.
12. Can a user of the Jakamo service have an impact on the development of the service?
YES, absolutely: Jakamo Limited applies a user-centric approach in product development and service design. We are in continuous interaction with our customers and end-users, which forms the vision and development directions of the Jakamo service. If You want to have an application tailored to Your company’s needs, please contact us at support(a)thejakamo.com
13. Does Jakamo service work with all the most common web browsers?
YES: Anyhow, Jakamo service is optimized for the following browsers: Chrome 7+, Firefox 4+, IE 10+, Opera 12+ and Safari 6+.
14. Can I use Jakamo service with a general email address of the company, such as, email@example.com?
NO: According to Terms and Conditions of Jakamo service each user must be registered separately with his/ her personal email address.
Explore our blog for insightful articles, personal reflections and ideas that inspire action on the topics you care about.